Business Headlines RSS Feed

Catapult Learning Acquires Drop Back In Academies

Catapult Learning, LLC, the largest provider of educational intervention, common core implementation solutions, and professional development programs, today announced the acquisition of Drop Back In Academy. Drop Back In (DBI) operates 30 dropout recovery academies in Florida and Georgia where students can complete the requirements necessary to obtain a district-granted high school diploma. Read More »

Goalbook Wins CALSA's Inaugural Shark Tank Competition

No one knew what to expect at the Shark Tank, a new and innovative feature at the recent California Association of Latino Superintendents and Administrators (CALSA) 8th Annual Focus on Results Symposium. 44 companies were given the opportunity to pitch their products and services to educational leaders from throughout the west coast in a format inspired by the popular television show. Read More »

McGraw-Hill Education Acquires Area9

McGraw-Hill Education has acquired Area9 Aps, an adaptive learning company, which McGraw-Hill Education has partnered with to deliver personalized learning experiences through technology since 2007. In January 2013, McGraw-Hill Education purchased a 20% equity stake in Area9; the agreement announced today covers the remaining 80% of the equity. Read More »

McGraw-Hill Education Acquires Engrade

McGraw-Hill Education has agreed to acquire Engrade, the developer of an open digital platform for K-12 education that unifies the data, curriculum and tools that educators use every day. The move enables McGraw-Hill Education to meet U.S. K-12 schools' growing demand for platforms that bring together the delivery of digital instructional content and assessments and the analysis of student information and performance data. Read More »

Wasserstein & Co. Acquires Recorded Books LLC

Wasserstein & Co., LP, on behalf of its private equity fund Wasserstein Partners III, has acquired all of the assets of Recorded Books LLC, one of the leading worldwide providers of unabridged audiobooks, digital content, and services to the library, school, and retail markets, from Haights Cross Communications, Inc. Read More »

Arc Adds Six Investments Raising More Than $5 Million in 2013

Arc Capital Development announced today that it made investments in six companies in 2013, which together raised more than $5 million. The education and special needs-focused global private equity and advisory firm assumed a majority position in one company and a minority position in the remainder of the companies. In most cases, Arc also took a role on the boards of directors of the companies. Read More »

PCS Announces $205,000 Purchase Order

PCS Edventures!.com, Inc., (PCSV) a leading provider of K-16 programs focused on STEM, announced the receipt of a $205,000 purchase order for PCS afterschool program materials. The purchase order includes a number of PCS summer camp and afterschool program packages... Read More »

Kaplan Test Prep Partners with Upstart To Fund Future Software Developers

To support future software developers, Kaplan Test Prep has partnered with Upstart, a firm that provides individuals with access to funding for career advancement in exchange for a percentage of their future earnings. As part of the agreement, participants in Metis will have the option of guaranteed tuition financing through Upstart in exchange for a small and pre-determined fraction of their future earned income. Read More »

SunGard K-12 Education Selects ANCILE as Premier Solutions Provider

SunGard K-12 Education has selected ANCILE Solutions, Inc., as its premier solutions provider for learning and performance solutions. As a result of the alliance, SunGard K-12 will migrate much of its existing eLearning content and create future content for eSchoolPLUS, BusinessPLUS, and eFinancePLUS with ANCILE uPerform Express. Read More »

Flat World Education Expands Platform To Enable Transformative Initiatives in Personalized Learning

Flat World Education announced a development partnership with Brandman University. This strategic expansion of Flat World's platform will enable the university to offer an online, competency-based bachelor of business administration (BBA) degree delivered entirely on a mobile device for a total cost that is 65 percent lower than current alternatives. Read More »