PreK-12 Market Headlines
Texthelp Systems Announces Fluency Tutor Version 2.1
Texthelp Systems Inc. — Monday, May 09, 2011
Texthelp Systems Announces Fluency Tutor Version 2.1; Innovative Web-based Solution for Developing Reading Fluency and Comprehension Includes New Features for Older Students and Easy-to-use Teacher Dashboard
Boston, MA, May 9, 2011 — Texthelp Systems, award-winning software publisher, is pleased to announce a new release of Fluency Tutor, our web-based software solution for developing and assessing reading fluency and comprehension.
Fluency Tutor Version 2.1 contains exciting new features and enhancements for both students and teachers, including:
- New interface and passages for older students.
- New text-to-speech voice for reading aloud passages, comprehension questions, definitions, and translations.
- New Teacher Homepage including a Dashboard that makes assigning passages, marking assessments, and monitoring student progress even easier and more intuitive.
- New Teacher Resources section.
Fluency Tutor can be used by all students in the elementary grades who are developing fluency. It also provides specific and targeted intervention support for older students or English Language Learners who are struggling with reading fluency and prosody.
Since Fluency Tutor is web-based, students and teachers can log in from school or from home. Teachers, students, and even parents can listen to students' permanent audio recordings at anytime and hear their progress.
Fluency Tutor benefits students by building confidence, promoting independence, and empowering them to actively participate in their learning.
- Practice their reading - independently practice from school or home.
- Measure their reading - record and submit assigned assessments.
- See how they did - review their scores.
- View their progress - hear their recordings, see their progress, and view historical data over time.
Amy Rosin, Special Education Teacher at Garden City Elementary School in MN states, "My students light up when they hear themselves read. It's giving them self-awareness when they are practicing and listening to themselves. The students are eager to use this program independently. Thank you for introducing us to Fluency Tutor!"
Fluency Tutor benefits teachers by allowing them to easily and conveniently listen to/mark recorded assessments and monitor student progress, anywhere, anytime!
- Assign a practice or assessment - assign passages to an individual or group of students, based on level of text difficulty, designed to challenge their students and help them progress.
- Listen to and mark completed assessments - listen to students' recorded assessments and mark them for errors and prosody with WCPM, Prosody, and Quiz scores automatically generated.
- Monitor student progress - monitor student progress over time via a series of graphical reports; allows teachers to individualize instruction based on need.
Pricing and Availability
Fluency Tutor Version 2.1 is available now. Annual renewal subscription pricing for schools starts at $2,245 with discounted multiple year pricing available. For sales and ordering information, call 888-248-0652 or email email@example.com. For more information about Fluency Tutor, go to www.texthelp.com.
About Texthelp Systems Inc.
Texthelp Systems (http://www.texthelp.com) provides literacy software solutions for individuals, K-12, higher education, and publishers. Texthelp’s products include: Read&Write GOLD, Fluency Tutor, Lexiflow, and SpeechStream. Read&Write GOLD is a customizable easy-to-use toolbar that directly integrates with mainstream applications giving students access to reading, writing, studying, and research support tools from within the programs they use everyday. Fluency Tutor is an online solution for developing and measuring oral reading fluency and comprehension. Lexiflow and SpeechStream allow publishers to deliver digital talking ebooks, assessments, and online content with student support tools.